Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Always something new...

From the Windows journal:
Today, I feel like an intern. Met D @ the hospital and agreed to see one of her new admits for her.  Should have been simple but my unfamiliarity with the hospital system made it a long morning indeed. An admit and discharge summary mote gave me experience in doing notes (we do them in SOAPware and print for charts, so the EMR has a copy of hospital visit notes for all patients every time.) And then I had to rely on D to print the whole thing out- my computer (A) didn't print correctly and (B) didn't have the printer driver installed-so it was exhausting for me to keep asking D what next - what to print - where to put the information (orders go under "medications", not "plan", despite there being no actual medications in the plan.
It's a strange thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment